Pickup and drop off of birds is by appointment only, and customers must first contact me beforehand to schedule one. Customers who want to ship their bird to me, can do so! Just take a look at the "Shipping Info" page found on the menu at the top of this webpage. I provide taxidermy services by appointment along the Front Range of Colorado, primarily in the Denver and Fort Collins areas, but welcome anyone who is willing to travel to one of my Front Range locations to drop off and pickup their bird. Fort Collins customers can drop off their birds at Dan French Taxidermy. Denver area hunters can coordinate a drop off for their birds directly at my studio location. Taxidermy will be completed in under 10 months.
Upon drop off, customers will put down a deposit for 50% of the total price of the bird (I accept cash, card, or check. All sales are final and nonrefundable). Remember to have your hunting license and information on hand when you drop your bird off for paperwork reasons. I will collaborate with the customer if they have a specific position or landscape base in mind to ensure that it is mounted in the best way possible. Upon completion, I will contact the customer and we will coordinate a date and time for pickup. The other 50% for the completed bird and any additional charge if a custom base/landscape was requested will be paid upon pickup. See my contact information page if you have questions or need to schedule an appointment to drop off or pickup your bird.
What to bring when you drop off your bird:
- Your bird - see my page on how you can provide a a quality bird for a quality mount.
- Any clean, insect free piece of wood/branch that you want it mounted on unless you would prefer to use a branch from my own stockpile.
- An idea of how you would like your bird to be mounted, such as its positioning and how it will be displayed. Include any photos you may have taken on how you'd like your bird mounted/reference pictures you have found online of a live bird.
- Your hunting license and harvest information. I will need the license number and the state it was issued for, its expiration, and the date and location where you harvested you bird.
- A method of payment. See my prices page for more details.